The corporate needs to assist organizations that prioritize expertise as a mission-critical part of their work.
Nonprofits that need assistance with cloud computing have an opportunity to win technical providers and mission assist from AWS. The cloud provider’s Imagine Grant is in search of proposals for pilot tasks, proofs of idea, strategic expertise planning, or present packages that make the most of expertise in a brand new or expanded method.
Winners of the AWS grant might obtain some mixture of the next providers:
- As much as $100,000 in unrestricted monetary assist
- As much as $100,000 USD in AWS promotional credit score
- Challenge kickoff workshop and implementation assist from AWS technical specialists
- As much as 5 AWS Coaching Providers Vouchers
- AWS advertising assist
AWS is in search of tasks with clearly outlined milestones and outcomes, viable sustainability plans, and a transparent rationalization of how AWS providers match inside the mission scope. Dave Levy, vp, US authorities and nonprofits of the worldwide public sector at AWS, stated in a press launch that the corporate needs to assist nonprofits that prioritize expertise as a mission-critical part of their work.
“As nonprofits design their Think about Grant tasks, we encourage them to consider who their prospects are – the beneficiaries of their missions and providers – and the way they’ll use cloud expertise to deal with their prospects’ key issues,” Levy stated. “This course of clarifies pondering earlier than candidates develop their massive concepts.”
AWS has several services designed for charitable organizations, together with a credit score program for researchers, consulting providers, and a web-based donation platform. Nonprofits can also submit technical questions which are answered during the company’s online office hours.
Nonprofits with 501(c) standing primarily based within the US can apply through a six-page proposal due by 11:59 PM EST on Sept. 30, 2020. The proposal submission portal opens on Sept. 15. The application process features a written description of the mission, a pattern press launch that describes the launch of the hassle, and an architecture diagram that explains the design, deployment, and topology of the technical part of the mission.
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand – Assist for refine.io product, which supplies childhood most cancers researchers entry to greater than 900,000 genomic samples.
- Code of Assist Basis – Assist for the PATROITlink database that matches veterans to authorized, psychological well being, and monetary providers.
- Inventive Commons – Assist for a mission that makes use of picture recognition and machine studying to enhance metadata in search algorithms to enhance search outcomes of public area works.
- Kiva – Assist for providers for people who don’t qualify for conventional banking providers.
- SkyTruth – Assist for machine studying algorithms to investigate photos that detect bilge computation from ships at sea.
- Breastcancer.org – Assist for a decision-making software to simplify data from pathology experiences.
“The method of making use of for the Think about Grant helped our groups take into consideration our answer to satisfy the wants of breast most cancers sufferers in a brand new method, and finally emerge with clearer pondering,” Hope Wohl, CEO of Breastcancer.org, stated in a press launch.
Winners shall be notified in November 2020 and the grants start January 2021.